Wednesday, July 4, 2007

EL NINO!! TORRES SIGNED

Fernando Torres has today completed his move from Atletico Madrid to Liverpool after putting pen to paper on a six-year deal.

In his first interview in English football, the Spaniard confessed his sadness at leaving the club he supported as a boy – but claimed a move to Anfield was too good to refuse.


He admitted the prospect of working with Rafa Benitez and playing in front of the Kop were key in his decision to move to Merseyside.


"This was the biggest decision of my footballing life but this is a club of champions - one of the biggest there is. I now want to play my part in that and be a champion too," said Torres.


"Just to know Rafa has confidence in me is massive for me. I feel honoured because Liverpool could have signed anyone.


"I have seen all the DVDs but you can't possibly know what it feels like to play at Anfield until you have experienced it. I am dying to play in front of the Kop."

No comments: